What is biological dentistry? Contact dental practice in Turlock, CA to learn!
Patients in the area of Turlock, CA ready to learn about biological dental treatments are welcome to speak to the team at the practice of Dr. Ramsin K. Davoud. Our office is equipped with some of the latest techniques and treatments to ensure patients have a healthy, beautiful smile, while ensuring all materials and services are biocompatible with the mouth and body.
What is biological dentistry?
Biological dentistry, sometimes referred to as holistic dentistry, focuses on the materials and techniques used to achieve and maintain a healthy smile. It avoids the use of materials that are not biocompatible with the body, and achieves results with a more natural approach whenever possible.
What are some elements of biological dentistry that are followed by our team of professionals?
Dr. Ramsin K. Davoud is pleased to offer biological care for the entire family. Below are just a few of the aspects of biological dentistry that are followed in his modern practice:
- Biomimetic dentistry – when it comes to replacing or repairing a natural tooth, Dr. Ramsin K. Davoud focuses on ensuring restoration is conservative. In many cases, he works hard to maintain the natural tooth structure as much as possible to keep the tooth durable and functional. This often means using restorations such as composite resin, inlays, or onlays, instead of crowns, which require the removal of natural tooth enamel to place.
- Silver amalgam fillings – studies continue to show the dangers of using silver amalgam fillings, which are comprised of over 50 percent mercury. Mercury toxicity is a significant issue that can affect one’s overall health. We avoid placing these fillings, and provide safe removal and replacement following the strict protocols and guidelines laid out by the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology). Patients who have been diagnosed with dental caries are encouraged to have composite resin used for treatment instead of metal or silver amalgam fillings used at other non-biological dental practices in the community.
- Ozone therapy – the use of this special oxygen provides an enhancement to most dental procedures. Dental ozone is applied using special equipment and can be used in the treatment of periodontal disease and cavities. Infection heals faster with the use of ozone therapy, ensuring the best possible solution. Ozone is applied to the mouth by our dental staff and can add an extra element to treatments performed in the practice.
Existing patients call us at (209) 690-8051 or
Schedule an Appointment
- Pinhole surgical technique – when treating the soft tissues of the mouth and addressing areas of periodontal disease, many patients will benefit from pinhole surgical techniques, which are used at the practice of Dr. Ramsin K. Davoud. Pinhole surgery is one of the most effective ways of addressing gum recession that has occurred due to periodontitis.
- TMJ/TMD treatment – therapies for conditions such as TMJ/TMD are available for patients in and around the community of Turlock, California. TMJ/TMD can cause chronic problems with the jaw joint, and treatments such as oral appliance therapy may be used to assist patients in improving their overall quality of life and reduce the chances of pain and soreness.
Who is a candidate for biological dentistry?
Every patient is a proper candidate for biological dentistry. Biological dentistry is a benefit to all who seek it. It provides patients with services that are safe and healthy for them. Instead of adding chemicals or using materials that can be detrimental to one’s health, we ensure everything performed in our practice is safe, effective, and appropriate for the mouth and the body. Biological dentistry has a special focus for those who want to be more aware of what is being performed to their smile and ensures only the best for our patients!
Ready to discuss biological dentistry with a dental professional in Turlock, CA?
Contact Dr. Ramsin K. Davoud today to book a consultation visit at the practice and discuss this and other biocompatible solutions for the smile. The practice is conveniently located at 1840 N. Olive Ave ste #2 and can be reached by phone at (209) 666-8867 for an appointment. We welcome new patients into our family and cosmetic dentistry facility with state-of-the-art solutions for the smile.