Is dental ozone therapy safe? Learn about treatments in Turlock, CA
Dr. Ramsin K. Davoud of Turlock, CA is a biological dentist who provides advanced services to patients in the area. His practice is dedicated to helping children and adults achieve and maintain their oral health and wellness. One way in which he is assisting patients in improving their dental health with holistic services is with the use of ozone treatments.
What is ozone?
Ozone is a type of oxygen that is used in certain dental procedures to address infections, as ozone can eliminate viruses, bacteria, and free radicals that can negatively affect one’s health. Ozone is administered as either a gas or in a liquid form (ozonated water). When patients are struggling with conditions such as periodontal disease or dental decay, they may benefit from integrating ozone therapy into their dental services.
How is ozone therapy used in biological dentistry?
Ozone can be utilized in a variety of ways in the dental office:
- Periodontal disease – because ozone can kill bacteria, it is extremely beneficial to use in conjunction with treatment for periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is an infection that can be controlled and addressed with the use of ozone therapy.
- Root canal – root canal therapy, or endodontic therapy, is a procedure that is performed to treat a tooth that has become infected within the dental pulp. This treatment is done to eliminate the need to extract the natural tooth and seek replacement options such as implants, dentures, or bridges. When integrated with ozone therapy, the bacteria within the tooth is eliminated and patients experience faster healing and recovery.
- Dental decay – because ozone is a gas, it can permeate into areas of decay that other substances cannot. Ozone therapy is used to address bacteria that may be in or around the teeth and gums, and can also help recalcify tooth structures.
- Sensitivity – sensitive teeth is a common complaint for many of our patients. By integrating ozone therapy, many patients will be able to address their sensitivity issues since the ozone can help harden the tooth structure.
- Safety – because ozone is natural, and does not react with other medications, patients will not be allergic to ozone nor will there be reactions to be concerned about.
- Post-operative care – ozone therapy is also used during the placement of crowns and the treatment of cavities to not only address inflammatory issues but to reduce pain and stimulate faster recovery.
Existing patients call us at (209) 690-8051 or
Schedule an Appointment
Is dental ozone therapy safe?
Yes! Dental ozone does not cause allergic reactions and is completely safe and effective for use in the mouth to address bacteria or infections.
Should I use ozone therapy at my next dental appointment?
The team at the practice of Dr. Ramsin K. Davoud will encourage patients to ask about treatments such as ozone therapy and how they can benefit from it. Our facility uses this and many other advanced biological solutions to improve oral health while addressing concerning issues within the smile. Whether patients have an infection or are interested in faster healing following dental surgery, ozone therapy may be beneficial for an individual based on their needs. Our team will assess patients’ smiles and decide if they could enjoy the advantages of this treatment. Candidacy will vary from patient to patient, based on their specific desires and the goals they would like to reach with their dental services. However, many patients find that integrating dental ozone into their routine services can offer advantages that cannot be achieved in another manner.
Learn about dental ozone treatments today!
Dr. Ramsin K. Davoud and his team of professionals are here to help patients in the Turlock, CA area with their oral health needs, with a focus on biological dentistry. If you are ready to discuss the advantages of using dental ozone treatments, we encourage you to book an appointment with our staff. We are in Turlock, CA at 1840 N. Olive Ave ste #2 and our front office team can be reached at (209) 666-8867. Our friendly staff is here to help in scheduling a consultation visit to educate patients on the benefits of this and other holistic services readily available in our state-of-the-art dental facility.