Turning Turlock smiles around with porcelain veneers
Were you to conduct a poll to ask others how they feel about their smile, you might be surprised at the overwhelming number of people who would like to change one or more aspects of this pivotal facial feature. Statistics continually show the high demand for cosmetic dentistry services, and we are happy to meet our patients’ expectations for thoroughness of care. One of the methods commonly used to transform a smile quickly is porcelain veneers.
What are porcelain veneers?
The technical answer to this question is that porcelain veneers are custom made covers that are bonded to the front surface of teeth. On a broader spectrum, veneers are a highly versatile method of establishing noticeable natural beauty that may not have existed before. Veneers are designed around your specific needs. Dr. Davoud can design a veneer to cover a crack in a front tooth, to make a short tooth appear longer, or even to give the appearance of straightness to a crooked tooth. The potential applications for porcelain veneers are so diverse that this cosmetic dentistry treatment is suitable to most patients who want to enhance the appearance of their teeth.
Porcelain veneers: what you should know
There are numerous benefits of having porcelain veneers made for your smile. During your consultation, discuss the pros and cons of veneer treatment. The more you know about the process and the maintenance required for your new, beautiful smile, the better prepared you are to make this important decision about dental services.
- Porcelain is comparable to enamel in terms of strength and durability.
- When you have porcelain veneers, you should not chew on hard objects or use teeth to “tear” packages or food items. The twisting and pulling motion can disrupt the veneer’s bond to tooth structure.
- Porcelain will not stain. For this reason, you may want to have your teeth whitened before veneers are bonded.
- Treatment can be completed in just two to three visits.
- If you maintain healthy teeth, your veneers can last for several years.
Turlock dentist Dr. Davoud is proud to perform porcelain veneers to exacting standards. For more information on cosmetic dentistry, call (209) 666-8867.