Getting comfortable with pediatric dentistry in Turlock, CA
If you are a first-time parent or your family is new to the area, it is time to think about dental care for your child. Your decision and the quality of care administered will have an impact on your child’s oral health, physical wellness, appearance, and emotional balance. Dr. Ramsin Davoud encourages you to consider these important points when choosing a practice that offers pediatric dentistry in Turlock, CA.
The environment at the dentist’s office has a big influence on a child’s attitude toward dental visits. The office should, of course, be neat and clean, but it must also be bright and welcoming. The dental team should acknowledge young patients by name, and with smiles. Stop by the office to make some candid observations and ask questions. Does the practice have a dental chair and instruments appropriately-sized for little patients? Does the dentist explain to the child what to expect? How does the staff react to a scared or crying child? Does the atmosphere promote a friendly, positive experience?
Every practice is different. Is the focus on treating symptoms and fixing oral health issues? Most parents prefer to spare their children the physical and emotional discomforts of dental problems. Look for a practice with a core philosophy of prevention, working with the body’s own maintenance mechanisms to keep the mouth healthy, whenever possible. When restorative treatments are needed, does the dentist use the safest, most biological techniques and material available?
Education and instruction
The dental team should be eager to share information with you and your child, to foster good oral hygiene at home. For example:
- Instructions for parents on caring for baby’s mouth and first teeth, including avoiding baby bottle tooth decay.
- Explanation of childhood oral development and when to expect teeth to come in.
- Frank discussion on how various food and beverages affect teeth.
- Dealing with thumb sucking, pacifiers, and teeth grinding.
- Demonstration of the proper way to brush and floss.
- Advice on dental emergencies, such as a fractured or dislodged tooth.
Range of care
A true family practice provides a broad range of services so that there is rarely a need for patients to be referred out. The services at Ramsin K. Davoud DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry include:
- Oral examinations, cavity risk assessment, and monitoring of oral development.
- Preventive care such as cleanings and sealants.
- Restorative dentistry – mercury-free fillings, crowns, bridges, and dental implants.
- Cosmetic treatments – teeth whitening, veneers, and laser gum contouring.
- Orthopedic orthodontics and Invisalign straightening.
- Periodontal care and management of gum disease.
- Specialized care – sedation dentistry and treatment of TMJ disorders and sleep apnea.
We are confident that your search for pediatric dentistry in the Turlock, CA area will lead to Ramsin K. Davoud DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. Call (209) 666-8867 to learn more about Dr. Davoud’s gentle, biological approach to family dental care.